ACCIDENT PREVENTION (Note according to no. 2, point (B) of Section 14 (3) of the Austrian Environmental Information Act (UIG))
AustroCel Hallein GmbH has taken several measures on its company premises to prevent accidents and ensure that the consequences of accidents are as limited as possible. If, despite all the safety precautions, an industrial accident does occur, a number of technical and organizational measures serve to limit its impact:
Facilities for rapid alerting of the emergency services
- Manual and automatic fire alarm systems
- Manual and automatic fire extinguishing systems
- Automatic gas warning devices
- Internal reporting systems
- External reporting systems to the emergency services, such as the police, the fire department, the Red Cross, etc.
- Mobile and stationary fire extinguishing equipment
- Structural subdivision of the operating facilities into fire compartments
- Officially recognized company fire department
- Extinguishing assistance agreement with the fire department in the municipality of Hallein and neighboring municipal fire departments
Facilities for the protection of the soil and groundwater
- Systems for the retention, absorption and proper disposal of liquids and wastewater hazardous to water
- Collection areas for containers with liquids hazardous to water
- Retention basins or catchment areas for extinguishing water
AustroCel Hallein GmbH has compiled an alarm and hazard prevention plan as well as an internal emergency plan and corresponding fire safety regulations. The protection plans of the public authorities for AustroCel Hallein GmbH are based on this. Coordination between the public authorities and the company ensures that all the emergency services involved work together on a targeted basis, thereby ensuring effective hazard prevention.
In the event of an industrial accident, AustroCel Hallein GmbH informs the following organizations:
- Hallein municipal district, which informs the other necessary organizations.
And if required:
- Fire departments, rescue services, Austrian federal railways (ÖBB), Salzburg local railways (SETG), highways department
The request for additional emergency services personnel external to AustroCel Hallein GmbH takes place according to the extent of the industrial accident pursuant to the rules in the alarm plan. The notification of the population in the event of an industrial accident is always carried out by the responsible authorities and institutions in consultation with AustroCel Hallein GmbH.
Einzelheiten über die Alarmierung und die Maßnahmen Details on the alerting and off-site measures can be found in the external emergency plan to be drawn up by the competent authority (note pursuant to point (a) of Section 14 (3) no. 2, of the Austrian Environmental Information Act (UIG)).
The company location and the name of the company owner are: AustroCel Hallein GmbH, Salzachtalstrasse 88, 5400 Hallein.
AustroCel Hallein GmbH is subject to the provisions of Section 8a of the Austrian Trade Regulation Act 1994. The notification pursuant to point (d) of Section 84 (1) of the Austrian Trade Regulation Act 1994 was submitted to the competent authority. AustroCel Hallein GmbH operates an on-site wastewater treatment plant with an approved raw incoming freight load of 200,000 population equivalents (PE).